This refill kit includes a Cabernet Wine Refill Kit and Barrel Cleaning Kit for $53.95.
Barrel Cleaning Kit
Barrels used for wine should be cleaned after each use. Always clean your barrel when moving from one spirit to another. The kit includes everything you need to clean, neutralize, and sterilize your barrel for re-use or storage.
1oz Barrel Neutralizing Acid
2 Campden Sterilizing Tablets
1) Dissolve the Barrel-Kleen into 2.5 U.S. gallon of warm water. Fill the barrel with this cleaning solution and soak for 24 hours. Empty and rinse 3 times with hot water.
2) Dissolve the Neutralizing Acid into 2.5 gallon of warm water. Fill the barrel with this neutralizing solution and soak for 15 minutes. Empty and rinse the barrel 3 times with hot water.
3) To re-char the barrel interior, drain the barrel for 3 hours. Place a butane torch in the bung and spigot hole and re-char the inside.
4) When storing the barrel or prior to re-use, dissolve the 2 sterilizing tablets in 1 gallon of cool water. Fill the barrel with the solution. Swish around for a few minutes and rinse 3 times with hot water.
To prevent the barrel from drying out and minimize the possibility of contamination, barrels should always be stored full with spirits or sterilizing solution. Barrels left without liquid will dry out!
Cabernet Refill Kit
The Refill Kit includes:
- Wine Turbo Yeast & Barrel Seasoning
- Sterilizer Powder
- Must (concentrated juice) - Cabernet
Please note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.