1. There are more than 10,000 distinct grape varieties.
2. It takes about 2.5 pounds of grapes to make one bottle of wine.
3. One acre of grapes can produce an average of about 15,000 glasses of wine.
4. There are 7 different grape colors: red, black, dark blue, golden, green, orange, and pink.
5. 75,866 square kilometers of the world are dedicated to grapes.
71% of world grape production is used for wine
27% as fresh fruit
2% as dried fruit
6. One cup of grapes, is approximately 100 calories, provides more than a quarter of the daily recommended values of vitamins K and C.
7. Grapes are one of the world’s top 10 favorite fruits.
8. The average person eats eight pounds of grapes each year.
9. Grapes are extremely good for your health; they can help to prevent problems such as Alzheimer’s disease, asthma, constipation, heart diseases, indigestion, kidney diseases and migraine.
10. The oldest grapevine in America is a 400 year old Scuppernong vine in North Carolina.
Now that you know, you can have a Grape Day!